The Rockefeller Center Council is appointed by the Associate Dean for the Social Sciences and the Center's Director, and approved by the Social Sciences Divisional Council. The Council is generally responsible for:
- Reviewing and approving guidelines relating to the programmatic use of Center facilities.
- Reviewing and approving research project applications, which are supported by the Center's faculty research fund.
- Advising the Associate Dean and the Director of the Center on the desirability and feasibility of major programs to be sponsored and administered by the Center.
- Assisting with liaison between the Center and faculty and students, and encouraging faculty and student participation in major programs sponsored by the Center.
- Providing advice and counsel on new initiatives involving the use of the Center, or on any other matters that may be of concern to Council members, the Associate Dean or the Director.
MEMBERS OF THE 2016-2017 FACULTY COUNCIL
- Jay Hull
- Andrew Samwick
- Ron Shaiko
Members with Term Limits
- Dean Lacy: Government
- Frank Magilligan: Geography
- Lucas Swaine: Government
- Annelise Orleck: History, Jewish Studies, Women's & Gender Studies
- Thalia Wheatley: Psychological and Brain Sciences
- Douglas Irwin: Economics
- John Campbell: Sociology
For more information about the faculty council, contact:
- Administrative Office: (603) 646-2229
- Jane DaSilva, Program Coordinator