Senior Honors Thesis Grants
Are you going to be writing a senior honors thesis in the social sciences? If so, you are eligible to apply for the Rockefeller Center Senior Honors Grants program. The program provides grants of up to $1,000 for undergraduate students writing a senior honors thesis in the social sciences. See the list of Current and Past Senior Honors Grant Recipients.
If You Are Awarded a Senior Honors Thesis Grant
Submission of a bound copy of your honors thesis is required by the Rockefeller Center upon completion. If for any reason, your honors thesis and research are canceled, any award must immediately be returned to the Rockefeller Center.
How to Apply
Submit an application that includes the following:
- Cover letter that identifies the honors thesis project and the amount of funding to be requested.
- Copy of the thesis proposal or similar documentation acceptable to the student's home department.
- Detailed budget that outlines the activities and the associated costs to be covered by the grant (see note). This should also list any other sources from which funding is being requested for this Thesis.
- Letter of support from the honors thesis advisor.
- An autobiographical statement (one paragraph - 150 word limit). If your application is approved, the statement will be published on the Rockefeller Center website.
Note: In many cases, departments have funding sources for binding costs, and/or there are other funding sources on campus for binding costs. Please research these avenues for binding your final thesis before adding the costs of binding to your proposal.
When to Apply
For each graduating class, there are application deadlines in the Spring and the Fall:
Graduating Class of 2014 May Apply for Funding: Friday, October 18, 2013
Graduating Class of 2015 May Apply for Funding: Friday, May 9, 2014 and Friday, October 17, 2014
All completed applications must be received in 203 Rockefeller Hall by 4:00pm. Applications may be emailed to Jane DaSilva.
For More Information Contact