Senior Honors Thesis Grants
The Rockefeller Center Senior Honors Grants program provides grants of up to $1,000 for undergraduate students writing a senior honors thesis in the social sciences.
You are required to submit a bound copy of your honors thesis upon completion. If, for any reason, your honors thesis and research are canceled, you must immediately return any award to the Rockefeller Center.
Your application must include:
- Cover letter that identifies the honors thesis project and the amount of funding you are requesting.
- Copy of the thesis proposal or similar documentation acceptable to your home department.
- Detailed budget that outlines the activities and the associated costs to be covered by the grant (see note). This should also list any other sources from which you plan to request funding for your thesis.
- Letter of support from your honors thesis advisor.
- An autobiographical statement (one paragraph - 150 word limit). If your application is approved, the statement will be published on the Rockefeller Center website.
This funding may not be used for transcription fees.
In many cases, departments have funding sources for binding costs. You may find other funding sources on campus for binding costs. Please research these avenues for binding your final thesis before adding those costs to your proposal.
For each graduating class, there are application deadlines in the Spring and Fall term:
- Class of 2017 — Friday, October 14, 2016
- Class of 2018 - Tuesday, May 2, 2017 and Friday, October 13, 2017
All completed applications must be emailed to Jane DaSilva or received in 203 Rockefeller Hall by 4 p.m.
For more information, contact Professor Ronald G. Shaiko at (603) 646-9146.