- Reviewing and approving guidelines relating to the programmatic use of Center facilities.
- Reviewing and approving research project applications, which are supported by the Center's faculty research fund.
- Advising the Associate Dean and the Director of the Center on the desirability and feasibility of major programs to be sponsored and administered by the Center.
- Assisting with liaison between the Center and faculty and students, and encouraging faculty and student participation in major programs sponsored by the Center.
- Providing advice and counsel on new initiatives involving the use of the Center, or on any other matters that may be of concern to Council members, the Associate Dean or the Director.