PLEASE NOTE: This opportunity is listed for reference only. The deadline to apply has passed.
This is a paid employment opportunity from outside the Rockefeller Center.
Position Type: Employment
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Sector: Immigration Law
Start Date: TBD
Wage or benefits: Salary is dependent on experience. Justice in Motion provides comprehensive employer- paid health insurance and a generous vacation leave package.
Time Commitment: Full or Part Time
Desired Class Year: Open to recent graduates
Desired Major or Interest: Interest in migrant rights, legal casework, development
Application Deadline: Rolling
Organization website: http://justiceinmotion.org/join-us
Brief Description of the organization:
Justice in Motion is a nonprofit organization that protects migrant rights across borders through legal, policy, and educational programs in North and Central America.
Brief Description of the Intern's role or key qualifications:
The Development Associate will report to and work in conjunction with the Executive Director to lead and grow the individual fundraising program. This year has seen tremendous financial and programmatic growth as we respond to the administration's continuing attack on migrants. We need someone with in-office individual fundraising experience who can help us harness, manage, and take advantage of this unique moment.
The Development Associate's specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Executive Director and Board to create and implement annual and long-term strategic individual fundraising program in accordance with the mission and overall marketing strategy of Justice in Motion.
- Work with the Executive Director, Board, and staff to develop and implement the annual fundraising plan
- Execute fundraising appeals, including drafting all materials (letters, acknowledgments, and e-appeals)
- Organize, plan, and execute new and unique fundraising and donor cultivation and stewardship events
- Organize, plan, and execute Justice in Motion's 15th year celebration
- Maintain donor records and process acknowledgements
- Pursue professional development opportunities and integrate points of learning to continually enhance individual fundraising efforts
- Explore opportunities to increase awareness of Justice in Motion among area business leaders and build relationships with corporate social responsibility departments
- Support the institutional giving program as needed
- Excellent writing skills
- Passion for our mission
- Excellent organizational skills
- Initiative balanced with judgement
- Problem solving skills
- Proficiency using office productivity software, including Microsoft Office
- Proficiency using CRM software, (Salesforce is preferred)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, listen and learn from feedback, and make decisions in accordance with established policies
- Equally attentive to detail and to overarching goals
- Thrives in a busy, multi-tasking, and time-pressured environment
- Values diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives
- Willingness to occasionally travel
- 2-5 years of experience working in individual fundraising
- Experience working with nonprofits
- Experience working in Latin America or with Spanish-speaking communities
- Spanish verbal and written fluency
How to apply:
Justice in Motion values diversity in our workforce and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com in the subject line, please write: "DEV-- [Your Name]."
The Rockefeller Center posts outside opportunities for students in fields related to public policy and the social sciences. Such opportunities do not constitute an endorsement by the Center of the political objectives of any one person or organization.