This is an unpaid internship opportunity from outside the Rockefeller Center.
Position Type: Internship - unpaid
Sector: Advocacy and Government Affairs
Start Date: Winter 2021
Wage or benefits: Unpaid, but does include a reimbursement of up to $25 per day
Time Commitment: Part-Time
Desired Class Year: Open to all class years
Desired Major or Interest: Open to all majors
Application Deadline: Rolling
Organization website: https://www.rescue.org/
Brief Description of the organization:
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. In more than 40 countries and over 20 U.S. cities, our dedicated teams provide clean water, shelter, health care, education and empowerment support to refugees and displaced people.
Brief Description of the Intern's role or key qualifications:
- Conduct research on humanitarian aid effectiveness and reform, ongoing conflicts and crises, and new policy developments and provide written analysis to staff.
- Produce a weekly tracker of press articles, reports and upcoming meetings, events and hearings related to select conflicts/crises and humanitarian aid.
- Attend meetings and events with and on behalf of senior staff, including NGO coalition meetings and congressional hearings, take detailed notes and report back.
- Draft, edit and format policy and advocacy materials such as talking points for meetings, briefs and reports for distribution to key stakeholders.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned related to research, writing, analysis, and advocacy.
How to apply: Visit https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/10793?c=rescue&source=IND to find all application details and requirements.
This is an unpaid internship from outside the Rockefeller Center. Such opportunities are posted in an effort to help students find a leave-term internship experience in public policy or a social sciences related area. Such postings do not constitute an endorsement by the Center of the political objectives of any one person or organization.