This is an unpaid employment opportunity from outside the Rockefeller Center.
Position Type: Internship - unpaid
Sector: Public Policy, Think Tank
Start Date: June 2021
Wage or benefits: unpaid
Time Commitment: Up to 10-15 hours per week
Desired Class Year: Open to Juniors, Seniors, and graduate students
Desired Major or Interest: international affairs or public policy
Application Deadline: Monday, March 1, 2021
Organization website: https://www.thechicagocouncil.org/
Brief Description of the organization: The Chicago Council on Global Affairs is an independent, nonpartisan organization that provides insight on critical global issues, advances policy solutions, and fosters dialogue about what is happening in the world and why it matters to people in Chicago, the United States, and around the globe.
Brief Description of the Intern's role or key qualifications: The Council offers undergraduate juniors and seniors, and graduate students the opportunity to learn about our organization and participate in a variety of duties associated with ongoing projects through its internship program. While internship responsibilities vary by team, tasks may include:
- Assisting at Council events
- Writing communications
- Assisting in the development of promotional materials
- Audience and outreach development
- Administrative duties
The different Internship opportunities
- Communications Team: General
- Development Team: Corporate Relations; Foundation Relations; Membership
- Global Cities: Pritzker Forum on Global Cities; Research
- Global Food and Agriculture Team: Government Relations (DC); Research
- Lester Crown Center: Global Security; Public Opinion; Public Opinion – East Asia
- Next Generation: General; Emerging Leaders
- Office of the President: General
- Programs Team: General; Global Development
- Students must be currently enrolled undergraduate juniors, seniors, or graduate students
- Have an academic major or demonstrated interest in international affairs
- Possess excellent research, writing, interpersonal, and verbal communications skills
- Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Interns are asked to commit to a minimum of 10-15 hours per week.
- While internships are unpaid, interns will receive a complimentary, one-year membership with the Council.
How to apply: apply online at https://www.thechicagocouncil.org/about-us/career-opportunities/internship-program
This is an unpaid internship from outside the Rockefeller Center. Such opportunities are posted in an effort to help students find a leave-term internship experience in public policy or a social sciences related area. Such postings do not constitute an endorsement by the Center of the political objectives of any one person or organization.