Internship Opportunity: Unpaid
This is an unpaid employment opportunity from outside the Rockefeller Center.
Position Type: Internship - unpaid
Location: New York, NY, remote
Sector: Civic and Social Organization
Start Date: June 2nd, 2021
Wage or benefits: unpaid
Time Commitment: 10-30 hours per week until August 14th, 2021
Desired Class Year: Open to all class years including graduate students
Desired Major or Interest: Open to all majors
Application Deadline: To be confirmed
Organization website: https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/careers
Brief Description of the organization: Human Rights First is an independent advocacy and action organization that challenges America to live up to its ideals. Human Rights First believes that American leadership is essential in the global struggle for human rights, so they press the U.S. government and private companies to respect human rights and the rule of law. When they fail to do so, Human Rights First steps in to demand reform, accountability and justice. Around the world, they try to best harness American influence to secure core freedoms. Human Rights First creates the political environment and policy solutions necessary to ensure consistent respect for human rights. Through protecting refugees, combating torture, or defending persecuted minorities, they focus not on making a point, but on making a difference. For almost 40 years, they've built bipartisan coalitions and teamed up with frontline activists and lawyers to tackle global challenges that demand American leadership. Human Rights First is based in New York, Washington D.C., Houston, and Los Angeles.
Brief Description of the Intern's role or key qualifications: The Development Intern supports the Development Department in raising the organization's annual operating budget. The Development Department designs and executes the organization's fundraising efforts in both creative and strategic ways. The Development Intern will be working with the three core teams of the Development Department— donor relations, events, and foundations.
Previous interns have gained experience in event planning, database management, data analysis, donor research, nonprofit communications, marketing and social media.
A computer and internet connection are required for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with maintaining database records
- Conduct research on potential donors and Board members
- Provide support in sending mailings and invitations
- Dick Batchelor Management Group: 201 S. Orange Avenue Suite 960 Orlando, FL 32801 United States Research, and summarize potential donor engagement opportunities
- Implement marketing strategies and create marketing materials
- Assist with copy editing and preparing of proposals and reports
- Track deliverables and maintain foundation calendars, as necessary
- Assist Special Events Team in preparation and logistics for events
- Plan and present creative projects and engagement opportunities at events
- Depending on availability, provide assistance at events
- Each internship position will also have its share of administrative support including but not limited to stuffing envelopes and administrative duties like proofreading, file cleaning, and data entry.
- Strong computer and research skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Event planning experience a plus
- Organized and detail-oriented approach to projects
- Ability to prioritize duties, meet deadlines, and be a team player
- Interest in human rights is a plus.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, an accredited undergraduate or graduate university.
How to apply: Interested applicants should apply at https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/careers with their Resume and Cover Letter in PDF format. Only selected applicants will be contacted for phone interviews. PHONE CALLS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
This is an unpaid internship from outside the Rockefeller Center. Such opportunities are posted in an effort to help students find a leave-term internship experience in public policy or a social sciences related area. Such postings do not constitute an endorsement by the Center of the political objectives of any one person or organization.