Vol. 17, No. 1 -- Fall 2011
The Rockefeller Center electronic newsletter is published at the beginning of each term, and is a summary of news and notes.
|Gregg Fairbrothers with RLF Alumni
" Building good leaders is a goal that Dartmouth can achieve through more experiential learning." -- comment from Rockefeller Leadership Fellow Alum who attended the August 2011 Alumni Conference.
In his Fall 2011 Direct Line, Rockefeller Center Director Andrew Samwick asks the question: Why does it matter that our culture of leadership is not as well developed as our culture of learning? Professor Samwick's address was delivered at the 10th Anniversary Alumni Conference of the Rockefeller Leadership Fellows Program, one of the Summer 2011 highlights you will find below.
What you might have missed during Summer 2011:
What to look forward to during the Fall 2011 Term:
|Rockefeller Student Discussion Groups begin the week of September 26th. We have three groups that will be meeting during the 2011-2012 year, and are led by students. Join us for dinner and a casual forum to talk about politics, leadership, public speaking and Dartmouth current events.
- Registration deadlines for MLDP workshops, such as Tools & Techniques for Facilitating Group Leadership Discussion and Activities, Public Speaking, Networking (using LinkedIn), Project Management, and more - ongoing, please see our profile page for more information
- Public Lawyering: Anatomy of a Constitutional Case fall dinner discussion series Registration Deadline - September 25, 2011
- Faculty Research Funding Proposals Deadline - October 1, 2011
- Senior Honors Thesis Grants Deadline - October 14, 2011
- Winter 2012 Internship Funding Application Deadline - October 26, 2011
- Winter 2012 Management & Leadership Development Program Application Deadline - November 4, 2011
We view the growth of our curricular and co-curricular programs as critical ways we support Dartmouth’s mission to educate the most promising students and prepare them for a lifetime of learning and responsible leadership. The programs and events the Rockefeller Center offers are made possible through the generosity of those who believe that we can make a difference.
Consider making a tax-deductible gift to the support the work of the Rockefeller Center using this form
. Your participation and generosity are greatly appreciated.
|Visit the Rockefeller Center Web Site at http://rockefeller.dartmouth.edu