PLEASE NOTE: This opportunity is listed for reference only. The deadline to apply has passed.
This is an unpaid internship opportunity from outside the Rockefeller Center.
Position Type: Internship - unpaid
Location: New York City; Possible Washington, DC placement
Sector: Politics, Technology
Start Date: Flexible
Wage or benefits: Unpaid
Time Commitment: Example Up to 40 hours per week for at least 8 weeks;
Desired Class Year: Open to all class years
Desired Major or Interest: Open to all majors
Application Deadline: Flexible
Organization website: https://www.mobilizeamerica.io/
Brief Description of the organization:
MobilizeAmerica is a digital organizing platform for progressive campaigns and organizations around the country. This past midterm cycle, we powered the mobilization efforts of nearly 1,000 groups, including the DNC, DCCC, House and Senate races, and many others. Read more about us here.
We are now at a pivotal point in our growth. We've successfully proven the value of our product to key clients and are now scaling our business model to fit both electoral and issue advocacy groups. You will be working at the intersection of business, technology, and politics, giving you the opportunity to develop your skills across a unique range of areas.
Brief Description of the Intern's role or key qualifications:
In particular, some of the things you'll work on:
- Growing our base of organizations that use the MobilizeAmerica platform with targeted outreach efforts.
- Growth experiments. As a rapidly-growing start-up, we learn more everyday about how we can best develop our product and interact with the market. Specifically, you will help run experiments on how we can increase volunteer registration, and get volunteers to sign up more than once.
- Developing marketing strategies for bolstering volunteer engagement. We need volunteers to be excited about signing up for a campaign event!
- Supporting campaigns, grassroots organizing groups, and volunteers as they learn how to use our product for the first time or navigate new features.
- Leading our social media campaigns. As a young, socially-driven company, developing and staying true to our brand identity is essential. Social media is our most prominent public voice.
Who you are:
- Current college student or recent graduate with experience or academic background in business, entrepreneurship, political science, economics or a related field.
- A self-starter who is excited by the opportunity to work in a dynamic start-up environment. In both politics and entrepreneurship, things can change really fast, so you embrace unexpected projects and challenges with enthusiasm.
- You have some background or are willing to learn Excel, PowerPoint, graphic design, Facebook Ad Manager, Google AdWords, Medium, and/or Photoshop/Illustrator.
- You care deeply about empowering ordinary people for progressive causes. We're a mission-driven company, and everything we do is guided by political impact. At the end of the day, we're here to support progressive candidates and causes.
How to apply:
Send your resume or LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a few words about why you're the right fit and what excites you about the role.
This is an unpaid internship opportunity from outside the Rockefeller Center. Such opportunities are posted in an effort to help students find a leave-term internship experience in public policy or a social sciences related area. Such postings do not constitute an endorsement by the Center of the political objectives of any one person or organization.