PLEASE NOTE: This opportunity is listed for reference only. The deadline to apply has passed.
This is an unpaid internship opportunity from outside the Rockefeller Center.
Position Type: Internship - unpaid
Location: New York, NY
Sector: Environmental Nonprofit
Start Date: Rolling
Wage or benefits: Unpaid
Time Commitment: The successful candidate will work 24 – 28 hours per week and must be able to work legally in the US.
Desired Class Year: Open to students are currently pursuing an undergraduate degree
Desired Major or Interest: Open to majors in a related subject
Familiarity with and keen interest in working at the intersection of finance and sustainability —including climate finance, ESG driven investments, sustainable financial markets and products, project finance, large infrastructure investment, and the TCFD
Application Deadline: Rolling
Organization website: https://www.cdp.net/en
Brief Description of the organization:
CDP is an international, not-for-profit organization providing a global platform for companies, cities, states and regions to measure, disclose, manage and share vital information on their environmental performance. Voted number one climate research provider by investors, CDP envisions a world where the global economic system operates within sustainable environmental boundaries and prevents dangerous climate change. We hold and operate the world's largest corporate disclosure system on behalf of 525 investors with $95 trillion in assets and more than 650 global cities and 100 states and regions report to CDP.
Disclosing entities provide quantitative and qualitative information about their greenhouse gas emissions, energy efficiency programs, water management, exposure to deforestation and strategic business approach to environmental risk. The Investor Initiatives team works on driving back the resultant data to CDP's investor signatories and members.
We have key hubs in London, New York and Berlin with other representation in the rest of Europe, Brazil, Australia, Japan, India and China.
Brief Description of the Intern's role or key qualifications:
- Understanding and using CDP's self-reported corporate and municipal environmental data from the internal data warehouse and organizing it for external consumption
- Engaging and developing relationships with CDP Investor signatories and members
- Preparation of outreach materials for engagement campaigns
- Creating content and helping deliver web-based trainings on CDP data and analytics
- Assist in engagement events including organizing investor roundtables & roadshows
- Liaising with other teams internally to align communications and outreach
- Assist in account management including maintaining and updating investor records
Required Skills and Experience:
- A university degree in a related subject or currently pursuing a degree
- Familiarity with and keen interest in working at the intersection of finance and sustainability —including climate finance, ESG driven investments, sustainable financial markets and products, project finance, large infrastructure investment, and the TCFD
- The drive to take ownership and responsibility for specific areas of work
- The ability to spot trends and opportunities as well as focus on details
- Comfortable working on time sensitive deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to seek out networking opportunities
- A flexible but diligent working style, with proven record of working within a team
- Attention to detail is crucial, including strong skills in documenting external and internal communications
- The desire and ability to improve and streamline processes to better and more efficiently achieve program goals, rather than follow the status quo
How to apply:
The intern will report to CDP North America's Sustainable Infrastructure Manager and will work integrally with the global Investor Initiatives team. Interested candidates should send a copy of their resume/CV with a cover letter outlining their suitability for the role to with "Intern, Investor Initiatives" in the subject line.
for more details.
This is an unpaid internship from outside the Rockefeller Center. Such opportunities are posted in an effort to help students find a leave-term internship experience in public policy or a social sciences related area. Such postings do not constitute an endorsement by the Center of the political objectives of any one person or organization.